John C. Wendlandt
Member / Owner
John maintains a broad civil practice with an emphasis on business operations and litigation. He assists individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies and closely-held corporations in and with matters relating to business formation and set-up, operations, contracts, leases and real property matters, asset and stock transfers and sales, debtor-creditor issues, licensing, commercial transactions, reorganization and dissolution.
John further represents couples and individuals in estate planning matters, including preparing simple wills and trusts, and in probate proceedings.
Finally, his practice also extends to general civil and commercial litigation, where John has experience in state and federal trial and appellate courts.
Outside of the office John spends time with his wife, Diane, and enjoys dogs, travel, motion pictures, music and woodworking.
- University of Iowa, B.A., History, 1984
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1987
- United States District Court for the District of Alaska
- United States District Court for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
Awards, Experience and Activities
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Peter A. Michalski, Alaska Superior Court, 1987-88
- Member, Alaska Bar Association, Sections of Business Law and Estate Planning and Probate
- Member, American Bar Association, Sections of Business Law, Litigation, and Small Firm Practice