Lea E. Filippi
Member / Owner
Lea began her career as a law clerk for Justice Bryner of the Alaska Supreme Court. In private practice since 2003, she provides counsel regarding commercial and labor and employment issues to private businesses and public entities. She also provides advice regarding student issues, including special education, to school districts. She has public election law experience and has served as Election Judge for ANCSA corporations.
Her litigation experience includes trial and appellate work in administrative, civil and domestic matters, with reported decisions from the Alaska Supreme Court in Polar Supply Company v. Steelmaster, Inc., 127 P.3d 52 (Alaska 2005) and Western States Fire Protection Co. of Alaska v. Municipality of Anchorage, 146 P.3d 986 (Alaska 2006). She has served on the Alaska Court System Family Law Self-Help Center Advisory Committee and in 2008 received the BP / AAVA Golden Heart Outstanding Community Service Award in recognition of her volunteer work for the Center.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2000
- Oberlin College, A.B. with Honors in English, 1995
- United States District Court for the District of Alaska
Awards, Experience & Activities
- 2008 BP / AAVA Golden Heart Outstanding Community Service Award
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Sharon L. Gleason, Alaska Superior Court
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Alexander O. Bryner, Alaska Supreme Court
- Contributing Editor, Michigan Law Review
- Publication Manager, Michigan Journal of Gender & Law