Member / Owner
email@example.com▽ Download VCF
Allen’s practice focuses on education law, litigation, labor and employment, and corporate law. His litigation experience includes civil and criminal trials, appellate work, and administrative proceedings. Allen represents many Alaskan school districts and specializes in legal issues specific to education. He also represents private employers with their business and employment needs.
A graduate of West Anchorage High School, Allen left Alaska for college and law school. After graduating in the top ten percent of his class at Stanford Law School, he returned to Alaska and began his career as a law clerk in Fairbanks for Judge Andrew J. Kleinfeld of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has been in private practice in Alaska since.
Allen is active in the Anchorage tennis community and serves as the Board President for the United States Tennis Association Pacific Northwest Section. He also coaches youth baseball and serves on the Anchorage West Little League Board. Allen has slowly, but successfully completed the Mount Marathon race in Seward every year since 2004.
- Whitman College, B.A. with Honors in Philosophy and Asian Studies, 2000
- Stanford Law School, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Alaska
- United State Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
Awards, Experience & Activities
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Andrew J. Kleinfeld of the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Submissions Editor, Stanford Journal of International Law
- USTA PNW Board of Directors
- Alaska Tennis Association Board of Directors
- Anchorage West Little League Board of Directors