Member / Owner
John started his legal career as a law clerk to Superior Court Judge Dale O. Curda in Bethel, Alaska. After his clerkship, John served as an assistant attorney general with the Alaska Department of Law. He represented numerous agencies during his fifteen years at the Department of Law, including The Alaska Public Offices Commission, The Department of Revenue, and The Department of Natural Resources. From 2015 to 2021, John litigated complex cases related to royalties, oil and gas leasing, taxation, and pipeline rate regulation.
John’s current practice focuses on education, employment, oil and gas, utility rate regulation, and tax. He joined Sedor Wendlandt Evans & Filippi in 2021.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 2004
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 2001
- United Stated District Court for the District of Alaska
- United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals D.C. Circuit